The Michigan Headache & Neurological Institute (MHNI) continues its regular operations.
MHNI staff and our contracted cleaning company continue to deep clean and disinfect all patient care areas and the lobby in compliance with CDC guidelines. We want to remind all patients and visitors of MHNI of the following:
- Please call MHNI to reschedule your appointment if you are running a fever, have any symptoms of a respiratory infection, have traveled outside of the United States in the last 14 days and/or you have had any contact with anyone with the COVID-19 virus.
- Please practice social distancing to reduce the spread of COVID-19. In the MHNI lobby, we ask patients/visitors to spread out from each other and utilize all areas to sit while you wait for your appointment, including the quiet room. If you would like to wait in your car for your appointment, that is acceptable. We would ask you to provide your cell phone to the check-in receptionist who will let the nursing staff know of your location and your cell number.
- Wear a mask while you are at MHNI
- Only patients will be allowed into their visit, except in special circumstances. Therefore non-patients will be asked to stay in the lobby or wait in their car while the patient is brought back for their visit.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. These are available throughout MHNI.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
These are unprecedented times and the CDC guidelines keep changing frequently. MHNI will continue to update our procedures and policies on an ongoing basis with the best interests of our patients and staff at the center of all decisions.
Thank you for your patience as we work together through this situation.
Joel R. Saper, M.D., FAAN