Michigan Headache & Neurological Institute (MHNI) is located in Ann Arbor, surrounded by the University of Michigan, Eastern Michigan University, and Washtenaw Community College. We include the local academic community as well as the greater Detroit metropolitan area in our research patient population. The Institute is located 23 miles from the Detroit Metro Airport, and has spacious free parking.
The MHNI campus includes 20 clinical examination rooms, acute care accommodations, procedure rooms for interventional treatment, physical therapy, laboratory, behavioral medicine, and neurodiagnostic facilities and staff. The Institute maintains strict confidentiality and security standards compliant with Joint Commission requirements. The multidisciplinary team of professionals at MHNI includes specialists in Headache Medicine, Neurology, Pain Anesthesiology, and Psychology (PhDs), as well as Physical Therapists, Physician Assistants, Registered Nurses, Medical Technologists (ASCP), and a Psychometrician.
Facility Amenities include:
- Dedicated and experienced RN coordinators and administrative research staff
- Central IRB capabilities
- Onsite lab for specimen collection and processing
- -20 degree Celsius freezer and access to dry ice
- 12-lead ECG machines
- Secured and temperature controlled drug storage
- Secured records storage
- Fully equipped conference room
- Adequate space and equipment for Monitors
- High-speed wireless internet access
- EDC capability
- Hazmat certified personnel